Click Here for Printable Version
Filing Fee: $338.00 Payable By : Attorneys may pay by check; money order; certified bank check; credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover). Personal and Third Party Checks cannot be accepted. Pro-se debtors must make all payments by money order made payable to “CLERK, U.S. BANKRUPTCY COURT.”
If the debtor is an individual the fee may be :
- Paid in installments. A signed application must be filed for the court’s approval [Official Form103A]; or
- Waived. The debtor must file a signed Official Form 103B: Application to have the Chapter 7 Filing Fee Waived and Schedules I and J for the court’s approval.
DOCUMENTS MUST BE FILED WITHIN 14 CALENDAR DAYS OF FILING THE PETITION UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED. YOUR CASE MAY BE DISMISSED IF YOU DO NOT FILE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS ON TIME.
Requirement : Original plus 1 copy of all documents submitted.
Download All Chapter 7 (Individual) Forms :
Documents Due at Time of Filing of Bankruptcy Petition :
- Voluntary Petition for Individuals Filing for Bankruptcy (Signed)
- Initial Statement About an Eviction Judgment Against You (if applicable) (Signed)
- Statement About Your Social Security Numbers
- Statement Pursuant to Local Rule 1073-2(b)
- Certificate of Credit Counseling and Debt Repayment Plan (or certificate pursuant to 11 U.S.C. § 109(h)(3) or a request pursuant to 11 U.S.C. § 109(h)(4))
- List of Creditors (Certified by Attorney or Debtor, if Pro-se) – Typed [Name and Address ONLY] LBR 1007-1(a)
- Creditor Matrix Pursuant to Local Bankruptcy Rule 1007-3
Documents Due Within 14 Days :
- Schedule A/B: Property
- Schedule C: The Property You Claim as Exempt
- Schedule D: Creditors Who Have Claims Secured By Property
- Schedule E/F: Creditors Who Have Unsecured Claims
- Schedule G: Executory Contracts and Unexpired Leases
- Schedule H: Your Co-debtors
- Schedule I: Your Income
- Schedule J: Your Expenses
- Schedule J-2: Expenses for Separate Household of Debtor 2 (if applicable)
- Summary of Your Assets and Liabilities and Certain Statistical Information
- Declaration About an Individual Debtor’s Schedules
- Statement of Financial Affairs for Individuals Filing for Bankruptcy
- Chapter 7 Statement of Your Current Monthly Income and Means Test Calculation
- Statement of Exemption from Presumption of Abuse Under § 707(b)(2)
- Statement of Intention for Individuals Filing Under Chapter 7 *Due by 341 Meeting of Creditors
- Copies of Pay Statements received within 60 days of filing from any Employer or a statement indicating this requirement is not applicable [Show only last four digits of Social Security Number]
- Notice to Individual Debtor with Primarily Consumer Debts under 11 U.S.C. § 342(b), if applicable.
Required if the debtor is an individual with primarily consumer debts. Certification that the notice has been given must be FILED with the petition or within 15 days. 11 U.S.C. §§ 342(b), 521(a)(1)(B)(iii), 707(a)(3). Part 7 of Official Form 101 contains spaces for the signature and certification.
Discharge Eligibility :
- Certification of a Personal Financial Management Course - Certificate must be filed with the court within 60 days after the first date set for the meeting of creditors under § 341 of the code in order to receive a discharge [Official Form423] Individual ONLY.
You May Also Need to File :
If you paid a petition preparer or you are represented by an attorney :
- Disclosure of Compensation of Attorney for Debtor. 11 U.S.C. § 329 and Fed.R.Bankr.P. 2016(b)
- Pre-petition Statement Pursuant to Fed.R.Bankr.P. 2017-1 (Due Within 14 Days)
- Bankruptcy Petition Preparer's Notice, Declaration and Signature
- Disclosure of Compensation of Bankruptcy Petition Preparer
Please Note :
If the item(s) in bold print are not filed within 45 days after the filing of the petition, your case may be automatically dismissed on the 46th day after the filing of the petition.
The Court may schedule a hearing to potentially dismiss the debtor’s case if the item(s) above are filed late.
If your case is dismissed, you may not receive the protection of the automatic stay if you file additional cases within one year.
NOTE : This checklist should be used as an information source and not as legal advice. You could consult an attorney for individual advice.