You are here
Frequently Asked Questions
I am changing law firms. Do I need to establish a new login and password?
You do not need to register for an ECF password more than once. However, you must request a new password if you change firms and you must update your address and e-mail information in the Utilities option of the ECF system.
I have attended the training class, may I take it again?
Attorneys and other professionals may take the class more than once. If you currently have a login and password and you hire a new employee(s) who will be working on the ECF system, the court requests that they attend the ECF training before using the system.
Do I have to attend an ECF training class to receive a password?
New account holders and their support staff are strongly encouraged toattend an in-person training class. However, passwords will be issued to attorneys to log in to CM/ECF without the requirement of attending ECF training. Passwords are only given to those attorneys who may practice in the District Court pursuant to District Rule 1.3 (See LBR-2090-1)
What documents can you file with a CM/ECF limited access password?
A creditor with a limited access password may file any of following documents:
- Affidavit/Certificate of Service Re: Rule 3002 only
- Notice of Appearance and Request for Notice (for Notice to Request Notice)
- Notice of Mortgage Payment Change (Official Form 410S1)
- Notice of Post-petition Mortgage Fees, Expenses and Changes (Official Form 410S2)
- Objection to Transfer of Claim
- Proof of Claim and Amended Proof of Clai
- Reaffirmation Agreement
- Response to Notice of Final Cure Payment Rule 3002.1
- Transfer of Claim (Fee Due)
- Transfer of Claim – Agent (to docket Claim Agent Certificate of Service)
- Withdrawal of Claim
- Withdrawal of Transfer of Claim
How do filers (creditors and attorneys) get a login and password to electronically file documents?
Attorneys should download and complete the Attorney Password Application for the Live System at this link: http://www.nyeb.uscourts.gov/sites/nyeb/files/aty_pswd_appl.pdf and creditors the Limited Access Password Application at this link: http://www.nyeb.uscourts.gov/sites/nyeb/files/limited_access_pwd.pdf