Filing Fee: $310.00 Payable By : Attorneys may pay by check; money order; certified bank check; cash or credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover). Personal and Third Party Checks cannot be accepted. Pro-se debtors must make all payments in cash (exact amount) or money order made payable to “CLERK, U.S. BANKRUPTCY COURT.” Do NOT send cash through the mail.
If the debtor is an individual the fee may be :
- Paid in installments. A signed application must be filed for the court’s approval [Official Form103A]
DOCUMENTS MUST BE FILED WITHIN 14 CALENDAR DAYS OF FILING THE PETITION UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED. YOUR CASE MAY BE DISMISSED IF YOU DO NOT FILE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS ON TIME.
Requirement : Original plus 1 copy of all documents submitted.
Download All Chapter 13 Forms :
Documents Due at Time of Filing of Bankruptcy Petition :
- Voluntary Petition for Individuals Filing for Bankruptcy (Signed) (Original & 1 Copy)
- Initial Statement About an Eviction Judgment Against You (if applicable) (Signed)
- Statement About Your Social Security Numbers
- Statement Pursuant to Local Rule 1073-2(b)
- Certificate of Credit Counseling and Debt Repayment Plan (or certificate pursuant to 11 U.S.C. § 109(h)(3) or a request pursuant to 11 U.S.C. § 109(h)(4))
- List of Creditors (Certified by Attorney or Debtor, if Pro-se) – Typed [Name and Address ONLY] LBR 1007-1(a)
- Creditor Matrix Pursuant to Local Bankruptcy Rule 1007-3
Documents Due Within 14 Days :
- Schedule A/B: Property
- Schedule C: The Property You Claim as Exempt
- Schedule D: Creditors Who Have Claims Secured By Property
- Schedule E/F: Creditors Who Have Unsecured Claims
- Schedule G: Executory Contracts and Unexpired Leases
- Schedule H: Your Co-debtors
- Schedule I: Your Income
- Schedule J: Your Expenses
- Schedule J-2: Expenses for Separate Household of Debtor 2 (if applicable)
- Summary of Your Assets and Liabilities and Certain Statistical Information
- Declaration About an Individual Debtor’s Schedules
- Statement of Financial Affairs for Individuals Filing for Bankruptcy
- Chapter 13 Statement of Your Monthly Income and Calculation of Commitment Period
- Chapter 13 Calculation of Your Disposable Income
- Chapter 13 Plan
Copies of Pay Statements received within 60 days of filing from any Employer or a statement indicating
this requirement is not applicable [Show only last four digits of Social Security Number]
Notice to Individual Debtor with Primarily Consumer Debts under 11 U.S.C. § 342(b), if applicable.
Required if the debtor is an individual with primarily consumer debts. Certification that the notice has been given Must FILED with the petition or within 15 days. 11 U.S.C. §§ 342(b), 521(a)(1)(B)(iii), 707(a)(3). Part 7 of Official Form 101 contains spaces for the certification.
Discharge Eligibility :
- Personal Financial Management Course - Certificate must be filed with the court within 60 days after the first date set for the meeting of creditors under § 341 of the code in order to receive a discharge [Official Form 423] Individual ONLY.
You May Also Need to File :
If you paid a petition preparer or you are represented by an attorney :
- Disclosure of Compensation of Attorney for Debtor. 11 U.S.C. § 329 and Fed.R.Bankr.P. 2016(b)
- Pre-petition Statement Pursuant to Fed.R.Bankr.P. 2017-1 (Due Within 14 Days)
- Bankruptcy Petition Preparer's Notice, Declaration and Signature
- Disclosure of Compensation of Bankruptcy Petition Preparer
Please Note :
If the item(s) in bold print are not filed within 45 days after the filing of the petition, your case may be automatically dismissed on the 46th day after the filing of the petition.
The Court may schedule a hearing to potentially dismiss the debtor’s case if the item(s) above that are due within 14 days of petition filing or by the 341 meeting are late.
If your case is dismissed, you may not receive the protection of the automatic stay if you file additional cases within one year.
NOTE : This checklist should be used as an information source and not as legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice.